Kids Cooking Classes
Healthy Grub is the only Gluten Free Allergy friendly Kids Cooking Classes in Brisbane..
Healthy Grub provides fun, interactive food experiences for kids of all ages from as little as $8 per child (Mums’n’Bubs Class and Kindy Cooking Program). We help children experiment with food whilst learning the basic building blocks of nutrition. Our classes are designed to educate children about food in a fun, engaging and safe environment. Food is such an important part of your child’s life, teaching them from a young age will help them to build a good relationship with food. These classes teach the children such an important life skill that they will use for the rest of their life, cooking is extremely educational the children will learn Maths, Science, English and even History & Geography.
Our After-School classes are an easy one off term payment, this includes the children’s Term Cookbook filled with recipes, fun games and Healthy food facts.
What’s included in a Healthy Grub session?
- Basic nutrition on how to grow big and strong
- Good food habits
- Safe food preparation and hygiene
- Where food comes from and how it’s grown
- Learning about cultural and historical events involving food
- Provides parents with exciting ideas for their kids lunch boxes
- Insurance is included
Our lessons work with and support the accredited LEAPS and Get Up & Grow programs put in place by Nutrition Australia QLD for the early childhood sector. These programs support the Early Years Learning Framework(EYLF) set by the Department of Education.
Healthy Grub is the perfect program for your Childcare Centre, Ask about our Kindy Cooking Program so much educational food fun to be had with your little Master Chefs. The children will have some messy fun exploring food with our Chef/Nutritionist Michelle.
Term 4 2019
This term we are focusing on Lunchbox treats to help all our families get some healthy snack ideas into the children’s lunchbox. We have 9 weeks of fun filled recipes, and food games.
We are only doing classes in Brisbane this Term at Holland Park School on a Tuesday afternoon 3-4 pm and at The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes on a Wednesday afternoon 3:30-4:30 pm.
Get in quick as we only have 10 spots per class.
School Holiday Fun in the Kitchen
You can find us these holidays in Brisbane at
The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes
98 Victoria Terrace Greenslopes
December 2019 Classes
Tuesday 17th December 10am-11am
Wednesday 18th December 10am-11am
January 2020 Classes
Wednesday 8th January 10am-11am
Thursday 9th January 10am-11am
Tuesday 14th January 10am-11am
Wednesday 15th January 10am-11am
Chillout Class Thursday 16th January – Brisbane City council class Sushi rolling
Bookings can be made through the Book Now page
Look forward to creating lots of healthy treats with my little Master Chefs..
Healthy Grub’s Kids Club – After School Cooking Classes
Healthy grub is now doing after school cooking classes for children 5-12 years. Our After-school classes are held at Holland Park State School and The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes.
Term 1 2020
Holland Park state school starts Tuesday February 4th at Holland Park School and will run for 8 weeks ending on the 24th March. This year we will be adding another class on a Thurdsay afternoon same time 3:00- 4:00pm, a Healthy Grub team member will be at R Block (Holland Park) from 3 pm so the children can walk down straight after School finishes.
Our classes at The Monkey Bar Cafe at Greenslopes will be from Wednesday 5th February 3:30pm-4:30pm, classes will run for 8 weeks.
Classes are paid for as a once off term payment of $160 ( 8 classes) which can be done through the book now page, Bank deposit or a payment plan can be put in place ask Michelle for details. The classes include the children’s Term Cook Book with all our recipes we create and lots of fun food games for the children, the children can also take home their delicious creations, and insurance is included in the price.
In these classes the children will explore all things food bringing out their inner Master Chef and opening their minds to try new foods, your child will be making their own lunches before you know! The children will absolutely love these classes so much fun in the Kitchen #making healthy cool
Home Schooling Class
If you Home School your children and are looking for a new exciting Educational activity to do with your children come and join us on a Tuesday morning so much fun to be had, creating Healthy delicious food with Chef Michelle.
Mums ‘n’ Bubs classes
Are you part of a mothers group and looking for a great activity for children to do? Or are you a new mum to the area looking for like minded foodie mums.. Come and join us!!
Healthy Grub is now offering a Mums ‘n’ Bubs class at 9:00 -10:00 am on Friday morning at The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes.
Your children will really enjoy these classes it’s very messy, creative, tasty fun to have with the children, the best part is you don’t have to clean up the mess Healthy Grub does it all.. This class is only $8 per child these payments are made in a one off term payment. A Healthy Grub pack can be purchased also it will include a Chef hat, apron, a Healthy Grub place mat with your child’s name on it and your very own recipes booklet with lots of fun food activities, facts about food and all the recipes we make in class throughout the term.
From a young age children are fascinated by food its so important to encourage them to have a good relationship with food and what better way then to do it in a group of like-minded parents, there is so much food fun to have! I look forward to meeting you and your little ones..
- Healthy Grub Kids Club
- The Healthy Grub Cooking Club is an After School class is for children aged 5-12 years. The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes
- Healthy Grub Teen Club
- This is a casual class for Teens 12-16 years who are wanting to learn more about Healthy Food. This class will focus on teaching the Teens on how to make quick healthy snacks and meals on the go. Really worth while for a growing Teen! These classes are held at The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes.
- Adult Cooking Class
- A great class for Parents, Adults, Friends and Partners to do. Learn how to create fun exciting new dishes. Get ideas on how to menu plan and create tasty Healthy Nutritional snacks for people who are “Busy and on the Go”
- Active & Healthy Program
- These classes are run through the School Holidays and are held around the Northern parts of the Gold Coast
- Kindy Cooking Program
- The children will enjoy exploring food with our Chef/Nutritionist Michelle in some fun messy cooking classes
- After School Classes
- The children will create some delicious recipes and explore all things food. This class is at Holland Park State School.
- Mums ‘n’ Bubs
- Healthy Grub is now offering a Mums ‘n’ Bubs class. Either we can come to you or your group can come to Healthy Grub HQ. Your children will really enjoy these classes it’s very messy, creative, tasty fun to have with the children, the best part is you don’t have to clean up the mess Healthy Grub does it all. These classes are held at The Monkey Bar Cafe Greenslopes
- Home Schooling Club
- These classes are specifically for children that are Home Schooled.